Calling all students with disabilities! We are very excited to introduce a committee for the next year of the Trinity Ability co_op. These positions are open to all students registered with the Disability Service and involve 5 hours of work a week in the next academic year.
The deadline to submit your application form (linked here) is Friday the 22nd of April at 5pm. Applicants will be asked to provide a short piece of writing and/or video, and the roles will be voted on by the membership of the Trinity Ability co_op. If you have any questions please message or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) Best of luck!
The expected workload is five hours a week. Any work over five hours is your own decision. In September each role will advertise positions for their subcommittee. Their workload is two hours a week.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Trinity Ability co_op.
- Responsible for conducting planning, strategy and setting goals for the year.
- Point of contact for college bodies who want to meet the Trinity Ability co_op and represent the co_op in college board meetings.
- Responsible for coordinating projects delivered by the Trinity Ability co_op and ensuring they are completed.
- Responsible for organising committee meetings, setting agendas and notetaking.
- Responsible for setting up the committee Slack channel. This involves creating separate channels for each role and monitoring them to ensure they are being used correctly.
- Responsible for the Trinity Ability co_op email, creating Google Forms and Documents.
- Responsibilities include selecting and managing the engagement subcommittee. Committee members can include First – Fourth Year Reps, and Postgraduate Rep.
- Responsible for regularly meeting with committee members and supporting them in their plans of getting more people involved in the Ability co_op events and activities.
- Point of contact if there are any queries about getting involved and arranging opportunities/talks to get people involved.
- Responsibilities include selecting and managing the events subcommittee. Committee members can include Day events, Night events, Inclusion Officer and Collaborations Officer
- Responsible for regularly meeting with committee members and supporting them in the development and production of events.
- Point of contact if there are queries regarding events and ensuring that accessibility requirements are in place for attendees.
Social Media Manager:
- Responsibilities include selecting and managing the social media subcommittee. Committee members can include the Podcast lead, Editor, Blog Post and Graphic Design.
- Responsible for regularly meeting with committee members and conducting planning, strategy and setting social media goals for the year.
- Answer queries that come through the social media channel and general maintenance of the website.
- Responsible for regularly posting project content and ways in which members can get involved.